Get involved with us virtually from the comfort of your home.
Our Campus Activities Team and Warrior Life and Wellness have planned virtual activities for students to participate in. Follow the Dean of Students Office, the Campus Activities Team and Warrior Life on social media for a chance to win Amazon gift cards and other prizes.
Campus Activities Team
Dean of Students Office
Have lunch with WSU
Come virtually meet with us informally over lunch! Join a WSU faculty or staff member over lunch at noon. Drop-in to ask questions, learn about their role, or just take a second to have lunch with some new faces.
- Take part in virtual group fitness classes and Esports leagues at the Mort Harris Recreation and Fitness Center
- Campus tour
- VR tours
- Falcon Cam
- Department of Theatre and Dance virtual company
- Department of Theatre and Dance Reading Circle
The Pantry will be open weekly on Wednesday from noon to 4 p.m.
Warrior Chat is a non-clinical, peer counseling program, staffed by graduate students in the College of Education's Counseling and School Psychology programs at Wayne State University. This is a partnership between the Dean of Students Office (DOSO) and the College of Education's Mental Health and Wellness Clinic (MHaWC).
Please submit the Warrior Chat request form and let us know if you have a preference for the phone, FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or other mode of communication. Your assigned peer counselor will email or call you to make first contact and the two of you can make further arrangements to chat.
Virtual tours, museums and live cams
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
National parks and landmarks
- Experience a virtual tour of Detroit with Detroit Experience Factory (DXF)
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Wayne State University's Falcon Cam
- Detroit Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta's Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
More fun things to do
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you're home.
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony or the Detroit Opera House
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the "Color Our Collections" campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world.
Coronavirus updates and resources
Stay up to date at wayne.edu/coronavirus.