The Dean of Students Office is here to assist the Warrior community with any issues or concerns one may have as we all strive toward helping our students achieve their goals. Below are important reporting forms and web resources to assist you. Additionally, we have a faculty and staff resource page with helpful student behavioral response information and the Student Code of Conduct is a valuable resource. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at 313-577-1010 or email@example.com.
Report issues, concerns and misconduct
If this an emergency or someone is in danger, please call Wayne State Police at 313-577-2222.
If you have any non-emergency questions, contact the Dean of Students Office at 313-577-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wayne State is committed to providing an environment that allows all students to thrive. If you have a concern that you believe impedes these efforts and want to report it, please view the appropriate title below, then click on the report button in the box, complete the form and submit.
Student CARE report
Use this form to report non-urgent and concerning observed student behavior in relation to:
- Basic needs (e.g., food or housing insecurity)
- Physical or emotional well-being
When referrals are received, the CARE Team will:
- Review your referral and assign it to the appropriate CARE Team staff member
- Reach out to student(s)
- Keep in contact with referring party as needed
- Meet with student(s) in person, via phone or virtually to discuss concerns
- Identify the best course of action – including, but not limited to, referring a student to on- or off-campus partners, discussing appropriate options, etc.
The Student CARE Report should not be used to report a behavior that requires immediate intervention. For that, contact Wayne State Police at 313-577-2222.
The Student CARE Report should not be used to report classroom absence unless the absence presents a reason for concern.File CARE Report
Sexual misconduct (Title IX)
Use this form to report incidents of sexual misconduct and behavior that violate Title IX:
- Dating and domestic violence
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual assault
Discrimination and harassment
Use this form to report incidents of bias, discrimination, harassment or retaliation based on race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight, marital status, disability or genetic information.Report discrimination and/or harassment
Use this link for information on how to file a grade appeal. This grade appeal process is for your final course grade, not an individual assignment/test.Grade appeal process
Use this form to address a physical or technological barrier. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Inoperable elevator or door
- Blocked access ramp
- Inappropriate use of handicap parking space
- Inaccessible webpage
Ask a question
Use this form if you have a general question that you can't seem to find the answer to.Ask a question
Students may use this form for complaints or general concerns about campus experiences, in or out of the classroom.File a complaint
Use this form to report incidents of academic misconduct, including, but not limited to:
- Use of unauthorized sources
- Prohibited behaviors noted on a class syllabus
- Reuse of assignments from another class without instructor approval
Use this form to report violations to the Student Code of Conduct if:
- A student or student organization has allegedly violated the Student Code of Conduct
- Prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to: alcohol misuse, drug use, violations of campus policies, physical assault, organizational misconduct, disruptive behavior or theft
Tuition and fees appeal
When the Registrar's Office denies a request for medical withdrawal or other exception to enrollment policy, students have a second level of appeal through the Tuition and Fee Appeals Board (TFAB).
- The TFAB is the final arbiter of appeals for tuition and related fees
- Each appeal is reviewed as an individual case, and cancellation of tuition and/or fees is granted only when circumstances warrant
- The TFAB will consider only those appeals filed within one calendar year of the last day of the academic term in which the challenged fees were assessed
- The TFAB cannot consider tuition and fee cancellation for courses with "earned" grades (e.g., grades based on poor performance rather than nonattendance due to illness or other extraordinary event)
Write email@example.com to request the application
Fraudulent behavior anonymous tip form
Use this form, provided by the Office of Internal Audit, if you suspect suspicious activity such as:
- Misappropriation, etc.
Wayne State Police anonymous tip form
Use this form to report any concerns with suspects or criminal activity.Anonymous tip form